About Bowmer + Kirkland:
Established in 1923, Bowmer + Kirkland has grown to become one of the most successful privately-owned and family-run construction groups in the UK. Our Investors in People accreditation demonstrates our commitment to our staff and we are Partners of the Considerate Constructors Scheme – something which only a select number of high performing contractors achieve.
About B&K Structures:
B&K Structures are the UK’s leading sustainable structural frame contractor, working with blue chip clients to produce outstanding mass timber builds. Our expertise extends across all major sectors and can be seen in many of the UK’s most recognisable projects. Our aspiration is to deliver engineered timber and hybrid projects to the highest quality, achieving ultimate client satisfaction and forming long standing relationships and part of the Bowmer + Kirkland Group of Companies.
About the Role:
We are looking for an Erection Manager who will support the site and project teams in the delivery of a wide variety of timber and steel structures, ensuring the projects are adequately resourced and to continually develop & monitor the supply chain, to ensure the successful delivery of our projects.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all sites are adequately resourced and managed utilizing the BKS supply chain, direct and subcontract site managers, via communication through the project teams.
- To manage both direct and sub-contract Site Managers and Engineers.
- Weekly site visits in support of the site, project and health and safety teams.
- To assist and support our H&S Manager in the health and safety administration on site in accordance with our safe site procedures and ensure correct policing through the site managers.
- To regularly attend the fortnightly project review meetings, where possible, with the Commercial Director, Operations Manager and Project Manager to review any up and coming programme changes, remedial and variation works.
- To support members of staff through heavy work periods, period of absence and holidays, through seeking additional site management resource.
- To ensure that the ‘Key Performance Indicators’ are completed at the end of a project and submitted timely to our QA and Environmental Manager. These are to be completed by the Site managers, objectively and counter signed.
- Attend the quarterly B&K Structures H&S meetings
- To provide technical, preconstruction and buildability knowledge support to the estimating department, commercial department and the individual project teams when in the office.
- Where we have site related issues, assist the contract and site teams in the resolution of such issues, with support from the Senior Management team.
- Ensure the selected site manager attend both the project launch, and erector pre-let interviews to ensure good practice and communication to the designated site teams.
- Ensure that all labour on site is working to the correct RAMS before the task is undertaken, again this is to be policed through both the project teams and the site managers.
- Assist where required in the production of RAMS and lift plans to aid the contacts teams, and review RAMS and Lift Plans prior to their submission into the main contractor
- Attend weekly meeting to discuss / co-ordinate site management allocation with Operations Manager and Directors.
Key Skills & Experience Required:
- Extensive site & Project experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills, knowledge of clients and presentation skills
- Good planning skills, good management skills and commercial knowledge
- Knowledge of quality systems and the ability to train others
- Problem solving skills, decision making skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to be pro-active.
- Report writing skills, honesty and information gathering skills
- Good organisational skills and good listening skills
- Ability to set objectives, good review and interview skills, good coaching skills, knowledge of training budgets and awareness of training needs
- Flexible and willingness to learn and develop
- CSCS / SMSTS qualifications will be necessary
We offer a competitive salary 25 days’ holiday per year, membership of our group personal pension scheme, as well as entry into our Private Medical insurance scheme, subject to a qualifying period.
Bowmer + Kirkland is an equal opportunities employer.
No agencies please.
Closing Date: Friday 16th July 2021
If you would like to be considered for this role please send applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Andy Breach, HR Advisor, HR Department, Bowmer + Kirkland Ltd, Heage, Belper, Derbyshire, DE56 2BW